This fits your .
Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
3.75 Inch Pulauski Axe, 36 Hickory Handle
Cutting Edge 4-1/2 In; Head Material Steel, Head Weight 3-3/4 lb
Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge.
The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond.
3.75 LB PULASKI WITH 36 INCH STRAIGHT HANDLE
Council has been making hand tools since 1886, and they set the standard for quality and design. All Council axe heads are drop forged from high quality tool steel.
Edward Pulaski is a legendary Forest Service Ranger in Idaho. In 1910 he saved the lives of 45 men during a difficult time in a large fire.
DESCRIPTION & USAGE
A traditional style bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging or grubbing on the other end. Used in a variety of settings including forestry and general landscaping.
DETAILS & FEATURES
- Hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade
- Forged steel head. Made in the USA
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ? inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55
- Body coated with black enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 36 inch double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately ? inch of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly
Council Tool Company is as much about people as it is about tools. After all, it’s people who design the tools and manufacture and market them. All products are backed by more than 120 years of quality, reliability and tool-making expertise from one of the oldest forging operations in the United States.
Council Tool 3.75 Inch Pulauski Axe 36 Straight Wooden Handle - B005AJD8EQ